General eye examinations and contact lens examinations.
Consultation/evaluation for Lasik Refractive Surgery.
Treatment and management of ocular disease including glaucoma and ocular allergy.
Examinations for children.
Difficult to fit contact lenses including, patients with low vision due to corneal disease or surgery, past contact lens failures, high astigmatism, and bifocal contact lenses.
1. Warranty: Warranties are only covered for manufacturer defects. Please read the warranty poicy above for for more details.
2. Refunds: There are no refunds on custom eyewear once the order is placed. We place the orders electronically once you pay for them. If there is a chance we can cancel an order after it has been placed, then we will charge a 20% restocking fee. Nowadays, the labs are global and they have multiple shifts, so stopping an order without penalty isn't as easy as it was before.
3. Returns: We will not accept any returns on custom eyewear.
4. Service of Eyewear NOT Purchased at Northern Avenue Eye Care: If you purchase your glasses from us, we will gladly provide services on the products that you buy from us. If you buy your glasses elsewhere and there is a problem, we will charge $42 for a re-refraction with the optometrist. Troubleshooting services about frames or lenses start at $65/hr with a minimum $20 fee with the optician.
5. No Show Fee: $25 weekday
If you cannot make your appointment, please call and leave a voicemail (602) 995-8848 or text (602) 730 -5522 or email ([email protected]) within 24 hours. Email is preferred.
We are a very small office who cannot absorb loss of productivity from patients who don't show up. As a courtesy to you, we don't double or triple book.
If you are unsure of your schedule and don't want to commit to an appointment time, no worries, just email/text us for same day appointments.
6. Filling/Copying/Faxing Forms: We will charge a fee of $39 to fill out DMV/School forms, make copies or fax your records for you or other providers.
About Your Insurance: When you schedule your appointment with us we will verify that we are in network with your insurance and that you are eligible on the date-of-service so that we are able to go over your benefits with you the day of your appointment and answer any questions you may have.
We also recommend that you check with your insurance company prior to scheduling your appointment and verify that we are in network with your plan and if using a medical insurance ask if you have met your deductible so you will know to plan on paying for the visit or if we will be billing your insurance.
We request that you provide us with both vision and medical insurance if you have both.
Vision care plans are billed for routine vision exams and most contribute toward eyeglasses or contact lenses.
If you have any eye health problem or systemic health problem that has ocular complications we will need your medical insurance information. Our doctor will determine if these conditions apply to you, although some are determined by your health history.
In some cases it may be necessary for us to bill some services to a medical plan and other services to your vision plan.
If your plan is not listed, please call our office as our participation may change without notice.
We participate with the following vision plans: Aetna-Eyemed, VSP, Davis Vision, most Eyemed plans, Envolve (Healthnet Access) Vision Care Direct, Triwest, Medicare (only after cataract surgery), Cigna, some Blue Cross Blue Shield, Tricare, SuperiorVision, Humana (VCP)
Our staff speaks English. Dr Baron speaks English and Spanish.